This is the list of verifications that are made for every email processed in the Email Verifier tool:
- Valid format: First, we verify the format of the email address is correct and looks something like "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Gibberish Email Address: We check to ensure the address doesn't look like a random email address. For example, email@example.com doesn't pass the test.
- Disposable Email Address: We check if the email address has a domain name used for temporary email addresses.
- Webmail Email Addresses: We verify if the email address uses a webmail like Gmail or Yahoo.
- Presence of MX Records: We check if there are MX records on the domain. If there aren't, the email address can't receive emails.
- Presence of SMTP Server: This check is successful if we are able to connect to the SMTP server (indicated in MX records).
- SMTP Check: We test the email address and see if it bounces or not.
- Accept-all Domain: We check if the server has a catch-all policy which accepts all the email addresses.