A lead is a potential contact for you and your organization. Saving leads in Hunter helps to keep a record of new people to contact to better automate your marketing efforts or to simply save important professional contacts.
The leads in Hunter are organized in different lists that you can manage according to your needs.
In this help article, you will learn how to:
Saving leads to Hunter
There are several ways to add leads to Hunter.
From the Leads page
They can be added one by one directly from the Leads page.
- Go to the leads section of your account, select the list of leads where you want to create your lead from the left panel, and click the + New Lead button.
- Complete the fields with the lead’s information. To add more information click the More fields link.
- If you only have the email address and the full name, Hunter will automatically enrich the lead with additional public information at no cost.
While finding emails on Hunter's website
- At the bottom left of the page, you will see the current active list of leads. This is the list the emails will be saved to, so make to select the correct list using the button with the arrows to the right of the list name.
- To save a lead to the list, simply click the “+” button next to each contact you would like to save.
While using the Chrome Extension or Firefox Add-on
You can also save leads while surfing the web using Hunter's Chrome Extension or Hunter's Firefox Add-on by simply clicking the “+” button next to each contact you would like to save in your list of leads.
From a file
If you already have a list of leads that you want to import in Hunter, the Leads Import feature will allow you to upload it.
- In the bottom left of the Leads page, click on the Import leads button. Click on + New Import.
- Select a destination list. This can be a pre-existing list, or you can create and name a new list.
- Upload your CSV or TXT file that contains your leads. Each lead will need to have at least an email address.
- In the next page, match each column of your file to the appropriate attribute. You can also create custom attributes, by clicking on the Create a new attribute option in the dropdown menu.
After you start the import, the leads will be added to your selected list of leads. This process can take a few minutes if you have thousands of leads.
Managing your existing leads
You can filter all your saved leads by using the dedicated filters.
Your list of leads can be downloaded at a time by clicking the Export to CSV button located under the name of each list of leads.
Move leads to a different list
One or more leads can be moved to a different list in just a couple of clicks.
While on the original list's page, select the leads you would like to move and click the Move to another list button. Select the destination list and confirm the change.
Contacting your leads
To send an email to a lead, click on the envelope icon next to the lead.
If you haven't connected your Gmail or Google Workspace account to Hunter yet, you will first need to sign in with Google to set up the integration.
Then, you can compose an email and send it directly from Hunter.
You can also set up automated email campaigns to several leads at a time. To learn how to set them up, read our help article about the Campaigns tool.
You can delete your leads in the Leads section on your dashboard in two ways:
- If you want to delete a single lead, you can select it and click on the "Delete" button, or click "Delete the lead" at the very bottom of the lead's page.
- You can also delete an entire list of leads, which will delete all the leads inside of it.