Hunter for Google Sheets makes it possible to add email addresses from existing data or find them from a domain directly in your spreadsheet.
How to install the Hunter for Google Sheets Add-on
- Go to the Hunter for Google Sheets page and click the Get the Add-on button.
- Click the Install button.
- Click Allow to give permissions to Hunter.
- Create a new Google Sheets file online and open the Hunter Add-on. To do this simply select the Add-ons tab -> Hunter for Sheets -> Open.
- Now you’ll see a panel on the right side of the page where you’ll be able to perform a Domain Search or an Email Finder task directly in your spreadsheet.
Find email addresses from a domain
- Select the Domain Search tab and enter the domain in the text box.
- Choose the number of email addresses you’d like to get for that domain from the drop-down menu and hit the Find email addresses button. Remember: you’ll need to enter your secret Hunter API key the first time you use the Add-on.
- Hunter will create a new sheet and provide you all the available email addresses directly in it.
Hunter will populate the table with the following information:
- Email address
- First name: if the email is personal, and the name of the contact is publicly available, the first name will be provided
- Last name: if the email is personal, and the name of the contact is publicly available, the last name will be provided
- Confidence score: an indicator for the deliverability of the email (in %).
- Type: an email can be Personal or Generic.
- Department: the department associated to the email.
- Number of sources: the number of pages of the web where Hunter found that email address.
Perform a Bulk Domain Search
- Select Bulk in the Domain Search tab.
- Select a list of domains in your spreadsheet and click the red "Launch the bulk search" button when you are ready
When doing a bulk domain search, make sure to select less than 500 domains at a time. As the scripts in Google Sheets are limited to 6 minutes, not all your domains could be processed. If you select to find more than 10 emails per domain, we recommend selecting even less.
Enrich your existing data with email addresses
Hunter for Google Sheets can enrich your existing data by finding email addresses using first name, last name, and company website or company name.
- Open a Google Sheet file with your contacts data. This data should at least contain a First Name, Last Name and Company or Domain Name. For better results, we suggest adding all 4 fields.
- Select the Email Finder tab.
- Match the contact fields to your corresponding columns.
- Check the My table has headers box if needed.
- Click on "Find email addresses".
Hunter will automatically complete the sheet with the email addresses found for each person. It will also add a column for the confidence score, and a column for the status.
The status can be OK if an email has been found, no results if no email was found, or it can indicate an error message, such as Parameter(s) missing, if the Email Finder could not be processed. When parameters are missing, this means that data is missing in one of the mandatory colums.