The Bulk Domain Search allows to find email addresses starting from a list of domains or company names.
To get started simply go to the Bulk section of your account.
Upload a CSV file with a list of domains or companies
Make sure to create a CSV file with all the domains or company names you want to find the email addresses for in a single column and upload it in the Bulk Domain Search functionality:
Alternatively, you can also copy and and paste a list of domains or companies to find email addresses for them in the dedicated section of the bulk Domain Search:
A maximum of 25,000 domains or company names can be processed in a single bulk.
How to read your Bulk Domain Search file
The CSV file with the email addresses generated by Hunter contains several fields. Let’s have a look at them together:
- Email address: the email address found from Hunter.
- Domain name: the domain associated with an email address.
- Organization: the company name extracted from the domain.
- Confidence score: an indicator for the deliverability of the email (in %).
- Type: an email can be personal or generic.
- Sources: the number of sources where you can find that email address.
- Pattern: the pattern used for that email address.
The resulted file will also contain additional information for every email address when available:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Twitter handle
- LinkedIn URL
- Telephone number
- Input (input domain or URL)
Apply filters to the Bulk Domain Search
In the Filters section, you’ll be able to:
- Set a maximum number of email addresses p/domain or company name: enter the maximum amount of email addresses you want to get for a single domain. The minimum number of emails p/domain is 1 and the maximum is 100.
- Choose if you want to only get Generic, Personal email addresses or both.
- Select the department you want to find email addresses for and set a filter strength (strict or flexible). If Strict is selected, the filter will be strictly applied and no email address will be returned if none is matching. If Flexible is selected, the matching email addresses will be returned in priority.
Include the email sources in the results
If this option is checked, the URLs of the sources will be included in additional columns. Only the active sources where the email address can still be found are returned.
Filter resulted emails by confidence score
When downloading the resulted file you can filter the emails by confidence score and choose a specific range of emails based on your needs. Emails with a higher confidence score have more chances to be deliverable.
Get a preview of the resulted emails
After the bulk will be processed, simply click on it to open a free preview of the resulted file:
Import Bulk Domain Search results as Leads
After processing a Bulk Domain Search simply click the "Import as leads" button and follow the guided process.
To sum things up
The Bulk Domain Search functionality can be used by Premium Accounts only.
A new Bulk Domain Search can be performed in two different methods:
- By uploading a CSV file.
- By copying and pasting a list of domains or company names.
The following information can be found in a Bulk Domain Search:
- The creation date.
- The number of email addresses returned.
- The number of domains analyzed.
- The number of request this search is requiring.
If using company names make sure to use the correct format for them: you will need to remove additional characters such as LLC, brackets, slashes, that are not allowing Hunter to extract the correct company name. A good company name is "Company" and not "Company Ltd".
Bulk Domain Search Usage
You will see an error message in case your plan hasn’t enough available request to perform the task.
The list of email addresses of a Bulk Domain Search can be downloaded multiple times. Only the first download needs requests to be performed.