The Bulk Domain Search lets you enter a list of domains or company names, and download a list of email addresses associated with these domains.
Please note the Bulk Domain Search is available on premium plans only.
In this article, you will learn how to:
- Upload your list of domains or company names
- Download and understand your results
- Apply search filters
- Import the results as leads
Upload a list of domains or companies
To use the Bulk Domain Search, you will need to have a list of domain names or company names ready. This list can be in a file (CSV, Excel, Numbers or TXT file), or you can simply copy and paste your list directly into Hunter.
To get started, go to the Bulk section of your account, click on Domain Search, and create a New bulk. Enter a unique name for your bulk task, and select your type of input. If your file contains website URLs, select Domain names.
When your data is in a file, make sure the domains or company names are in a single column:
Choose the file from your computer, or drag-and-drop the file directly on the page. Alternatively, you can also copy and and paste a list of domains or companies in the text area:
You can process at most 25,000 domains or company names in a single bulk.
Click Upload, and after your bulk has been processed, Download the full list.
How to read your result file
The results can be downloaded in a CSV file. CSV files can be opened with all major spreadsheet softwards, such as Excel, Google Sheets and Numbers. The file has several columns; let’s have a look at them together:
- Email address: the email address found from Hunter
- Domain name: the domain associated with that email address
- Organization: the company name
- Confidence score: an indicator of the estimated deliverability of the email (in %).
- Type: the email type will be personal if it's associated with a specific person, and generic otherwise.
- Number of sources: the number of sources where you can find that email address on the public web.
- Pattern: the most common pattern used for the domain's personal emails.
The file will also contain additional information for every email address, when available:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Twitter handle
- LinkedIn URL
- Telephone number
- Input (the domain or company name provided)
In the Filters section, you’ll be able to:
- Set a maximum number of email addresses per domain or company name: enter the maximum amount of email addresses you want to get for a single domain. The lowest number of emails is 1 per domain, and the highest is 100 emails.
- Decide if you want to verify the email addresses or not. The option to verify email addresses is only available when you set a maximum number of emails found per domain to 10 or less.
- Choose if you want to only get Generic, Personal email addresses, or both.
- Select the department you want to find email addresses for and set a filter strength (strict or flexible). If Strict is selected, the filter will be strictly applied and no email address will be returned if none is matching. If Flexible is selected, the matching email addresses will be returned in priority.
Include the email sources in the results
If this option is checked, the URLs of the sources will be included in additional columns. Only the active sources where the email address can still be found are returned.
Filter resulted emails by validity
If you chose to verify the email addresses, you will have the option to download only the valid email addresses, or all email addresses, including those that could not be verified.
Get a preview of the resulted emails
After the bulk will be processed, simply click on it to open a free preview of the resulted file:
Import Bulk Domain Search results as Leads
After processing a Bulk Domain Search simply click the "Import as leads" button and follow the guided process.
To sum things up
The Bulk Domain Search functionality can be used by Premium Accounts only.
A new Bulk Domain Search can be performed in two different methods:
- By uploading a CSV file.
- By copying and pasting a list of domains or company names.
The following information can be found in a Bulk Domain Search:
- The creation date.
- The number of email addresses returned.
- The number of domains analyzed.
- The number of request this search is requiring.
If using company names make sure to use the correct format for them: you will need to remove additional characters such as LLC, brackets, slashes, that are not allowing Hunter to extract the correct company name. A good company name is "Company" and not "Company Ltd".
Bulk Domain Search Usage
You will see an error message in case your plan hasn’t enough available request to perform the task.
The list of email addresses of a Bulk Domain Search can be downloaded multiple times. Only the first download needs requests to be performed.
Limit: Each Bulk Domain Search is limited to 25,000 domains (or company names), and the file should not be over 10 Mb to avoid timeouts.